The automobile market is highly competitive. Getting the best selling place is not that easy. It depends on many factors that affect customers’ interests. Now we will see the best selling cars in 2012 and mid 2013.
- Chevrolet Silverado: The sales through June was 242,586 vehicles. Generally at the end of the product life cycle, they do not sell well. The General Motors Chevrolet Silverado still in competition even at the end of its life cycle. It 2014 model with much more refined than the 2013 model. In the new model, improvements have been made on class leading towing capability, state of the art connectivity and fuel efficient new engines. It made the Ford F series fully competitive.
- Ford F-Series: Ford F-Series is the best selling vehicle for overall 32 years and on track from last 37 years continuously. Sales through June is 367,486 units. It is facing competition from Ram 1500, and Chevy Silverado recorded 22 percent increase so far during 2013.
- Ford Fusion: New turbocharged engines balance power with fuel economy, the conservative design of beautiful styling look are made to keep in competition. The 2013 model is doing better than the 2012 Fusion model. Even though it is not well competing with Honda Accord because of interior is small in hip room and in rear legroom. The sales are 161,146 units and increased by 17.8 percent.
- Ford Escape: The sales of Ford escape by the June is 156,626 vehicles and recorded 23.2 percentage growth in sales. The 2013 Ford Escape improvements are in driving dynamics, interior space and improved fuel economy. Even though the price is raised, the buyers are responded positively.
- Honda Accord: With 186,860 vehicles sold, Honda Accord raised more than twenty percent during the year. It is competing with Toyota Camry in the midsize car segment. Controlled handling, reputation for reliability, fuel efficient engines and excellent use of space make Honda Accord as the best family vehicle.
- Honda Civic: In the compact car segment, Honda Civic earned a reputation as high quality and reliable choice. Honda updated the 2013 design with a sleeker design and better interior materials. It has sold 158,704 units with 2.4 percentage decrease when compared with previous year.
- Hyundai Elantra: The Hyundai Elantra sold 126,244 vehicles during the year with more than 29% increase in sales percentage. It offers a setup for every taste with coupe body styles, sedan and hatchback.
- Nissan Altima: The new Nissan Altima is one of the most fuel efficient car in 2013 and offering comfortable seats, quality interior and controlled handling. It has slod 167,787 vehicles and raised more than six percentage during the year.