Market share of a car manufacturing company represents its real strength in competition. The sustainability in the market means, the company is innovative and having good customer relationship with its products and services. The competition in the Automobile industry is really fierce in America. In this article, we will discuss the market share of automobile companies in the United States.
- General Motors: General Motors is producing vehicles in 37 countries with eleven brands. The brands are Chevrolet, GMC, Buick Wuling, Vauxhall, Opel, Jie Fang, Isuzu, Holden, Baojun and Cadillac. It has international market in different automobiles segments. General Motors is having 17.5 percent of market share in the United States by July 2012. By the end of June 2013 it is raised to 18.9 percentage.
- Toyota: Toyota had 13.9 percent of market share in the United States by the end of June 2013 up from 14.3 percent of July 2012. Toyota operates in United States with the automobile segments of Minivans, Cars, Trucks, Crossovers, Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs), Electrical Vehicles and Hybrid cars.
- Ford: Ford had 16.8 percent market share by June 2013 in US. It is rise by 1.8 percent from July 2012 of 15 percent. At present Ford is having two brands, those are Ford and Lincoln. The Ford is the global brand and the Lincoln is in North America and Middle East. The previous brands of Ford are Mercury (up to 2011), Edsel (up to 1960), Merkur (up to 1989), Jaguar (up to 2008), Aston Martin (up to 2007), Volvo (up to 2010) and Land Rover (up to 2008).
- Chrysler group: Chrysler group is having 11.2 percent of market share in the United States in June 2013. It was raised from 10.9 percent by the end of July 2012. Chrysler group is headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan United States. Chrysler group brands in United States are Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, Jeep FIAT and SRT. Each one is a legendary brand those are launched entire new category segment.
- Honda: Honda is having 10.1 percent of market share in July 2012 and in June 2013 met 9.8 percentage. It is expected to reach 10.1 percentage by the end of rest of the year. Honda was sold almost 90 percent of vehicles in United States which are produced in North America. It has nine manufacturing facilities in America.
- Hyundai/Kia: Hyundai/ Kia is having 8.2 percent of market share in the United States by the end of June 2013. It slightly decreased from 9.5 percent of July 2012.
The Nissan and VW / Audi are having 7.4 percent and 3.6 percent of market shares respectively by the end of June 2013. Nissan’s share decreased from 8.5 percent from July 2012. Audi / VW share also decreased from 4.2 percent.