The German automobile manufacturer is the second largest automaker in the world. The website 24/7 Wall St compiled three cars that Volkswagen has them in the top ten best selling list of all time. Those models are Volkswagen Passat, Volkswagen Beetle and Volkswagen Golf. These are not in the top ten list for the year ended 2013 as per the sales statistics in America. Volkswagen Jetta and Passat are in the race with 12th and 22nd positions respectively. Now we will see these two in detail.
Toyota Prius has given a good competition in both the years, but it is not overreached the Volkswagen Jetta. Due to this decrease and an increase of 3.6 percent in sales Nissan Versa took the 21st rank. Mazda 3 has given a good competition to Volkswagen Passat for the year 2013.
- Volkswagen Jetta: The sales of Volkswagen Jetta in 2013 are 163,793. In the year 2012 ended it has sold 170,424. It shows a decrease in sales of about 3.9 percent during the year.
- The gas mileage of Volkswagen Jetta is 22 to 30 mpg in city traffic and 33 to 42 on highway traffic.
- Advantages with the Volkswagen Jetta including fuel efficient, smooth ride quality and spacious interior and trunk. Drawbacks are weak base engine, sluggish throttle with automatic, high price of TDI for diesel model, and lackluster interior materials.
- Its 2013 model comes standard with active front head restraints, side curtain airbags, front side airbags, traction and stability control. Except for the base model, all Jetta models have front and rear anti-lock disc brakes.
- In the government crash test, Volkswagen Jetta got four star rating out of five. Of this five stars for side impact protection and four stars for front crash protection. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has given good rating for its roof strength and frontal offset tests.
- Volkswagen Passat: The sales of the Volkswagen Passat in the previous year are 117,023. With 6.3 percent of decrease, in 2013 it achieved 109,652.
- The Volkswagen Passat’s city mileage is 20 to 31 mpg and highway is 28 to 43 mpg.
- The diesel TDI is fuel-efficient, good quality smooth riding and spacious trunk and interior are the pros for Volkswagen Passat. Cons are weak base engine, sluggish throttle with automatic, price of TDI is high, and lackluster interior materials.
- Volkswagen Passat standard safety features in 2013 model include side curtain airbags, front side airbags, traction and stability control, and anti-lock disc brakes. The hill hold control is also available in manual transmission models. When it met a crash incident, the Intelligent Crash Response will automatically cut the fuel supply, unlock the doors and hazard flashers turns on.
- In the government crash, for side crash protection, frontal impact protection and over all protection it got five star rating. In the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety ratings it got the rating of ‘good’.