It might be the ideal time to set you up for next year’s job. But you have to be willing to volunteer part-time in your community. Unpaid work can help you learn new skills, understand more about the workplace, and best of all give you something to point to when you’re looking for a paid job in the future. These are at least 10 good reasons for volunteering!
- To meet people & make new friends
- To put spare time to good use
- To gain new experiences or learn new skills
- To do something enjoyable
- To make use of existing skills
- To build confidence & take on new responsibilities
- To be valued, appreciated and feel useful
- To gain a sense of achievement
- To put something back
- To do something of special or personal interest
Tips for Volunteers!
- Show up. Resist the urge to skip a day, no matter how tempting. Remember, you’re establishing a work record for that future job.
- Speak up. Don’t be shy about asking questions. Don’t be embarrassed if you don’t understand something. In the real world, successful adults speak up when they’re confused.
- Step up. Any time you see something that needs to be done, do it without being asked. They’ll appreciate your initiative.
You may also like to read:
Augmentative And Alternative Communication
Creation of Kids Can Put Their Parents Behind Bars
All about Over Justification Effect
Sumatra Earthquake In Indonesia
2005 Baghdad Bridge Stampede
Truancy of Kids Can Put Their Parents Behind Bars